Randolph is located in the southwest corner of Cedar County in northeast Nebraska. Served by US Highway 20, the community lies four miles east of US Highway 81; 27 miles north of Norfolk, Nebraska; 39 miles south of Yankton, South Dakota; and 56 miles west of Sioux City, Iowa.
Randolph was established in 1886 and has been named the “Honey Capital of the Nation” based upon the per capita number of bee keeping family businesses located here in the mid 1900’s.
The beginning of Randolph’s rise to the title “Honey Capital of the Nation” can be traced to 1926. In that year Kuhl Apiaries, run by brothers Dave, Al, and Frank Kuhl east of town, shipped a carload of honey to Council Bluffs. This was a short crop at 30,000 pounds since normal harvest netted 60,000 pounds. Today, the community still has several families who engage in beekeeping. The community also celebrated this designation for several years with the annual Honey Fest.